WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS PROGRAM
Bank On Suncoast is a grassroots coalition that consists of federal regulators, local governments, nonprofits, and insured financial institutions. The coalition aims to improve the financial stability of individuals who do not have any bank accounts or use alternative financial services like check-cashing services. Bank On's goal is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable banking services and products.
Bank On Suncoast Financial Educators will work closely with the Senior Manager of Financial Stability to inform and educate individuals and groups about safe and affordable ways to move away from alternative financial services and improve their financial health. Volunteers will educate low-to-moderate income community members about the Bank On Suncoast website, Bank On certified accounts, and answer questions. The goal is to empower community members to open their own Bank On certified account online and set up direct deposit so they may receive their tax refund and regular income electronically.
By becoming a Financial Educator, you would spend time guiding members of our community on how to improve their financial lives. Through your support, we can create better opportunities for all.
This role is a combination of in-person education for tax filers at VITA sites and virtual education for community groups.
- Inform and educate community members of Bank On certified accounts.
- Answer questions about navigating the Bank On Suncoast website.
- Confirm community member has the required indentification to open a bank account.
- Refer community resources when an account cannot be opened (ex. Legal Aid).
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information.
- Basic computer and office equipment knowledge.
- Confidence with navigating online resources and using Zoom.
- Comfortable utilizing online platforms to track data.
- Friendly, dependable, flexible, and a team-player.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to speak to individuals and small groups.
- Teaching and training skills are desired but not required.
- Bilingual is highly helpful, but not required.
- Ability to volunteer both in-person and virtually.
- Complete volunteer training which will include: details of Bank On accounts, organizational structure, financial education training, and use of tracking systems. (Trainings can be held individually or in a group setting.)
- Volunteer commitment of 6 months with a minimum of 5 hours per week (schedule is flexible).
- Has reliable transportation in order to travel to VITA tax site locations within Hillsborough, Pinellas, Sarasota and/or DeSoto Counties. (travel to all counties is not required)
Complete the Volunteer Interest Form to get started.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.