COVID-19 Guidance for Community Partners
In response to CDC and National and State Health Department recommendations, United Way Suncoast is cancelling all in-person United Way Suncoast managed volunteer projects through May 10, 2020. We will continue to support projects led by our partner organizations who rely on volunteers to deliver essential services during this time.
We are supporting all registered 501c3 organizations in DeSoto, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pinellas and Sarasota counties by:
- Highlighting new volunteer opportunities that have emerged in response to COVID-19.
- Allowing individuals who visit our site to be redirected to sign up using the managing agency’s website in lieu of United Way Suncoast’s volunteer portal.
- Continuing to provide a volunteer portal where registered 501c3 organizations can submit, maintain and manage volunteer needs as they deem appropriate, including providing support to organizations that may not currently use the portal.
- Click here to see if your organization is already registered.
- If your organization is registered, but you are uncertain of who manages the account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your organization is not listed and would like to register, click here.
- Being virtually available to assist with any questions that may arise. Contact us at email@example.com.
As your organization prepares and makes decisions regarding engaging volunteers, we recommend that you follow guidelines set forth by the CDC.
We do not yet know the extent to which COVID-19 will impact our region, but we remain committed to responsible volunteerism. Our volunteer projects bring people together to build a stronger, more unified Suncoast region.
Please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.