Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Take Stock in Children - Virtual Mentor
Take Stock in Children is Florida’s flagship and most successful mentoring, college readiness and scholarship program for low-income, academically qualified students. Scholars in the program pledge to meet regularly with their mentor, maintain academic standards and remain drug and crime free on the way to achieving a high school diploma. The reward for fulfilling these commitments is a scholarship to attend college or technical school.
We are looking for individuals to become virtual members who will:
- Dedicate 30-minutes a week, twice a month, to meet with a student who has the odds stacked against them.
- Encourage a student to remain drug and crime free and maintain good grades.
- Inspire a student to earn a college scholarship by graduating from high school and staying true to their pledge.
All mentors will register as volunteers for Pinellas County Schools and attend a training workshop.
Please note that in compliance with CDC guidelines, all mentoring will be done virtually through the remainder of this school year. Several options are available at various times of day to meet with students individually, in a group or via the proprietary TSIC chat app.
Click the "Express Interest" below button to learn more about how you can become a mentor!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: