Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Take Stock in Children - Virtual Guest Presenter
Take Stock in Children is Florida’s flagship and most successful mentoring, college readiness and scholarship program for low-income, academically qualified students. Scholars in the program pledge to meet regularly with their mentor, maintain academic standards and remain drug and crime free on the way to achieving a high school diploma. The reward for fulfilling these commitments is a scholarship to attend college or technical school.
We have added virtual group mentoring this year and are looking for volunteers to speak or facilitate a group session. The sessions can be on any topic relevant to a middle or high school student including professions, hobbies, life skills, academic topics – anything. We love your fresh ideas and diversity of knowledge.
- Similar to a Ted Talk or Great American Teach-in.
- Guest presenters will select just one (or more) 30-minute session, no long term commitment.
- Speakers do not need to be registered as a mentor or Pinellas County School volunteer.
- Guests can a present a topic, have a discussion or lead an activity.
Select from one of the days/times when group mentoring takes place:
- Mondays at 3pm, 4pm and 5pm
- Fridays at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
- Saturdays at 11am
Click the "Express Interest" below button to learn more about how you can become a mentor!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: