Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Join Us to Give Joyrides :) [PIN]
Love to drive? Have a safe driver record, a 2001 (or newer) vehicle, and enjoy helping seniors? This volunteer opportunity is for YOU!
Transportation volunteers deliver clients to and from medical appointments and pharmacies (up to ten miles from the client’s home, one way). Choose one weekday or more in a region of Pinellas County. Earliest client pickup begins at 8:45 for a 9:30 appointment, and trips must be completed by 4pm for safety reasons. Volunteers use their own vehicle and generally serve between two and four hours a week (but can do more).
- Attend Neighborly orientation and complete all required documentation and annual retraining as required by our funders
- Pass a Level II background screening
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a motor vehicle check
- Attend Neighborly’s driver training
- Provide proof of auto insurance coverage (minimum coverage levels of $100,000/$300,000)
- Optional: CPR/First Aid certification (Neighborly will provide this at no charge to volunteers 2x a year)
- Vehicle must be at most 15 years old or younger (the model year should be 2006 or newer)
- Must seat four or more passengers including the driver
- Must be a 4-door car, truck, or minivan
- Must have the driver’s name on the vehicle’s insurance, however, the driver’s name does not need to be on the registration of the vehicle
- Vehicle must pass a Neighborly vehicle inspection (pass/fail)
Exclusions: Neighborly does not allow use of these vehicles:
- A full-sized van (i.e. Sprinter)
- A taxi, decommissioned police car, or another marked vehicle
- Salvaged, rebuilt, or has onerous modifications
To apply, please visit https://neighborly.org/volunteer-opportunities/ and complete the online application and choose your orientation date (be sure to ONLY choose an orientation for Transportation Drivers!).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: