Letters of Encouragement 2021
United Way Suncoast provides leadership that improves lives and creates lasting community change by mobilizing the caring people of our communities to give, advocate, and volunteer. UWS focuses on education, financial stability, veterans’ services and helping those impacted by COVID-19 by assisting with their immediate needs.
Volunteers can write messages of encouragement to any the following groups:
• Teachers – show appreciation for their hard work and dedication to educating our youth.
• Students – encourage students to do their best in school throughout the school year.
• Veterans – provide support and appreciation to veteran military men and women.
• Seniors – uplift the spirits of an elderly stranger.
Be as creative as you like - you can use stationary or hand-made note cards. Individual envelopes are not required, but please do not seal them if they are used as they need to be screened before being distributed.
Please do not refer to specific holidays or occasions as the letters may not be shared before the holiday takes place.
Once complete, label each set of messages with their recipient type and be sure to include your full name, company name (if applicable) and return address, then mail to:
UWS Volunteer Team
Letters to (insert recipient type)
5201 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 600
Tampa, FL 33609
Make sure to submit your volunteer time through this form for our team to review.
Thank you for supporting our community!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: