Feeding Tampa Bay Mega Pantry - Veterans Day 2021
United Way Suncoast is excited to bring you this great volunteer opportunity with one of our funded strategic community partners, Feeding Tampa Bay.
Twenty-percent of households that are supported by Feeding America have a veteran or someone that has served in the military. Feeding Tampa Bay is leading the movement to end hunger, rallying our community together to create a healthier, more capable Tampa Bay and beyond.
Volunteers will help pack & provide meals to our neighbors-in-need in a drive thru style distribution. Volunteers can expect to help guide vehicles, load meals into vehicle trunks, and any other necessary tasks.
- Volunteers age 13-15 must attend with an adult who is also registered for the project.
- Given the recent change in CDC guidelines and our desire to ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff, we (FTB) are requiring all volunteers wear masks once again – for both inside and outside shifts. This is true for vaccinated and non-vaccinated volunteers.
- In consideration of your safety, volunteers MUST wear flat, closed-toe shoes. You should also avoid wearing tank tops; sleeveless or short-cut shirts (crop tops); and short-shorts. If these guidelines are not followed, volunteers will be asked to reschedule their shift.
- Masks and gloves will be available to all volunteers on site.
- Please plan accordingly for the weather. If rain looks to be in the forecast, we recommend bringing a raincoat, poncho, extra shoes/socks, etc. If severe weather is in the forecast and we need to cancel the pantry, we'll let you know via email as soon as possible.
- Hydration will be provided onsite for volunteers. If you wish to have a snack during the shift, feel free to bring one along.
Thank you for volunteering!
*Registration for this opportunity will close at 12pm on Monday, November 8th.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Minor Waiver on File Required
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: