Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches. Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the member achieve their financial goals.
With support from a personal financial coach, community members can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize their tax refund, review their credit report and increase their score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align their financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more! The program is:
- Trustworthy: coaching is offered free; volunteers must pass a background check and will never attempt to sell you products/services.
- Flexible: community members decide when it is best to meet with your coach.
- Personalized: sessions are member-driven to fit their needs.
- One-time only session: receive information to address a specific topic, question, or concern (i.e., how to dispute something on a credit report)
- Regular sessions: strengthen financial wellness by meeting on a regular schedule (i.e., every month for 6 to 12 months) to focus on their overall financial picture.
- Virtual*: video chat (preferred) or phone call.
If you are interested in becoming a coach, please visit this page for more information.
Get a Coach
If you are a community member who would like to get assistance, please fill out this form.