FEBRUARY ENGAGEMENT: UNITED WE LEARN
United We Learn is an initiative to ensure equity and access to early learning for all children. United Way Suncoast invests in and implements programming within attendance zones of selected Title I Elementary schools comprised of Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed (ALICE) households. We concentrate on ensuring children enter kindergarten ready to learn, ensuring school-age children have the supports they need, and reducing barriers families encounter.
Join one of these upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Saturday, February 11th: Hillsborough County
- Volunteers as young as 8 are invited to join us in creating Read Across America Gift Bags. Learn more
- Wednesday, February 22nd: Manatee County
- Volunteers ages 13 and older are invited to join us in creating Preschool Learning Kits. Learn more
- Tuesday, March 7th: Manatee & Sarasota Counties
- Embracing Our Differences Reads Day: view details about this event (registration closes late February)
Get involved with one of United Way Suncoast's Education programs:
- Campbell Park Network for Early Learning: One of the goals of Campbell Park Network for Early Learning is to engage parents, caregivers and children (Birth to 5 years old) in meaningful learn and play opportunities. Volunteers can support the Learn & Play sessions that are held at the UWS Campbell Park Resource Center in St. Petersburg. More details
- Manatee Reading Rooms: The UWS Reading Rooms in Manatee County are designed to bring educational resources and programs to community housing neighborhoods where our ALICE families live. Volunteers are connected with elementary students who need a little extra support. Learn more
- Quality Childcare Initiative: High-quality preschool gives children a strong start on the path that leads to college or a career. Corporate and Civic Groups of 10 or more can volunteer to enhance the children's learning environment through a variety of tasks. More details
Corporate or civic partners are invited to sponsor and create one of the below options as an engagement opportunity for their team of volunteers.
DIY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Create Preschool Learning Kits to enhance children's learning through the included engagement activities.
- Individuals or groups can create kits on their own schedule.
- This activity can also be planned and managed by the UWS Community Engagement Team to be held on-site for corporate and civic groups; contact email@example.com for more details.