MARCH ENGAGEMENT: SUPPORTING OUR NEIGHBORS
United Way Suncoast has developed Neighborhood-Based community initiatives to deliver coordinated support to areas of high need. Our Resource Centers bring together partners to serve neighborhoods with programs and services to support individuals, foster economic stability and build community engagement. Through collaboration and involvement with these communities, we're improving and empowering neighborhoods to create success and change.
You're invited to provide additional supports to community members served at our resource centers through the below opportunities.
Our Resource Centers provide a variety of free programs such as financial coaching, free tax preparation, food supports, legal services and more.
- Greet visitors at Campbell Park: volunteers will welcome the residents and visitors to the center and direct them to the correct offices within the Campbell Park Resource Center in St. Petersburg. Learn more
- Campbell Park Network for Early Learning: volunteers provide assistance the Learn & Play Sessions that are designed to support parents/caregivers to play and interact with children in developmentally appropriate ways to encourage brain development and assist school readiness. View more about this program.
- Campbell Park Food Pantry: volunteers assist with various tasks while the pantry is open such as sanitizing, stocking shelves, assisting individuals/families, and other duties as needed. View available shifts.
- Financial Coaching: Community members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches. Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the member achieve their financial goals. More Details
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA): VITA is an IRS program that utilizes certified volunteers to help provide free and accurate tax preparation services to low- to moderate-income taxpayers. Learn More
Corporate or civic partners are invited to sponsor and create one of the below kits as an engagement opportunity for their team of volunteers.
Individuals can create one of the below DIY kits at-home and on their own schedule: