Embracing Our Differences Reads Day [SAR/MAN]
Calling all volunteer readers!
Join us for Embracing Our Differences Reads Day on March 8, 2022.
Embracing Our Differences, in partnership with the Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading with support from The Patterson Foundation, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, United Way Suncoast and an anonymous family foundation, will again offer a unique classroom reading opportunity promoting diversity, inclusion, respect and integrity in pre-k through third grade classrooms.
For the past nine years, Embracing Our Differences Reading Day has engaged tens of thousands of elementary school students throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties. The objective has been to show children that reading is fun and important by stimulating student-mentor conversations about diversity, bullying and respect. In 2021, with the help of more than 300 volunteers, this initiative reached 8,070 students in 450 classrooms from 77 Manatee and Sarasota County classrooms and early learning centers.
To volunteer for Reads Day on March 8, 2022, please select Express Interest below. After expressing interest, you will receive a confirmation email. Reading times and more will be confirmed and emailed in late February.
- At this time, we are planning for all volunteers to read to students in-person at their physical schools on March 8.
- Thank you for your understanding as we monitor, navigate and adjust to the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape. We will continue to update you as we prepare for this event and, as needed, adjust to current conditions and protocols.
- Want to learn more about this year's book selections? Click here.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: