HOW TO VOLUNTEER AS A GREETER/SCREENER
As a greeter/screener, volunteers greet everyone visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere, screen taxpayers to determine the type of assistance they need and confirm they have the necessary documents to complete their tax returns. Tax law certification is not required for this position. Follow the below steps to certify as a greeter/screener.
STEP 1: Fill out the VITA Volunteer Interest Form.
STEP 2: Access Training Materials: Publication 4961
STEP 3: Create VITA/TCE Certification Test Site Account
VITA/TCE Certification Test Site
- Create or login to your account at Link and Learn.
- View the Link and Learn Guide.
- Greeters/Screeners must complete two exams:
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct Exam
- Intake/Interview and Quality Review Exam
- Once all exams have been completed, print the Volunteer Agreement Form 13615. View the Link and Learn guide above for instructions on where to locate the agreement.
- Volunteers will need to print several copies of the volunteer agreement form, as they will be required to bring to each site.
STEP 4: Register for the Greeter Orientation
The orientation session will provide a better understanding of the expectations established by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and United Way Suncoast (UWS) as we serve our neighbors and communities.
STEP 5: Sign up for VITA Opportunities
Click on the below links to view available shifts in each county:
NEW TO VITA?
Join one of our Optional Learning Labs led by an IRS professional who can help answer your questions. This open forum is for volunteers to ask the IRS any questions and/or concerns relating to VITA.
For questions on volunteering, email email@example.com.